Versions / Builds AffectedLanGuard 2014 R2 (20140512)
Problem SummaryLanGuard agents fail to run due to an issue when upgrading the existing Microsoft SQL database structure
TT / JIRAID2155
How to IdentifyYou can verify that you are being affected by this behavior by doing one of the two steps below:
Option 1: Check the log files
- Open the log file lanss_v113_attendantservice.csv
- Search for the following error message: "error ","AgentManagerPlugin","Exception while opening recordset: Invalid column name 'WorkingHours'"
Option 2: Re-connect to the current Microsoft SQL database
- Open GFI LanGuard console
- Click the Configuration tab > Database Maintenance Options > Database Backend Settings
- Make a change on the 'Change Database' tab and apply the changes. This will re-connect to the Microsoft SQL database
If you receive the message "The database structure is incorrect. Do you want to delete and recreate the database?" or you are able to find the error message in step 1, then you are affected by this issue.
Workaround / Fix DetailsThis issue was resolved in LanGuard 2014 R2 by issuing of a patch via Program Updates.
The fix has been incorporated into LanGuard 2015 (version 11.4 - build 20150130)
Required ActionsUpgrade to LanGuard 2015