The following error is received when remediating:
Error: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.
The LanGuard LNSSCommunicator does not have enough permissions to remediate on the domain.
Adding Administrator Credentials
- Open DCOM Config: Start > Run and type
dcomcnfgand press enter.
- Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.
- Enter the properties of LNSSCommunicator.
- Go to Identity > Browse to select a user that has administrator rights on all machines in the domain.
- Enter the password for the selected user and apply changes.
Adding Account to Local Security Policy
- Open Local Security Policy
gpedit.mscon the LanGuard server.
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Check the Properties of Replace a process level token.
- Add the account used in the Identity tab to this policy.
- Do the same for the Logon as a batch job policy.