This article introduces you to the release of GFI LanGuard 2011 Service Release 2 (Build 20111128).
GFI LanGuard 2011
- Improved management of security issues: ignore, acknowledge, or change their severity.
- New advanced computer grouping and filtering based on user-defined attributes.
- Power saving options with Wake-on-LAN support.
- Support for fixed IP address for agent status communication.
- Filtering and generation of scheduled reports by IP address range.
- Redesigned Add more computers wizard.
- Network discovery queries Active Directory in addition to the Windows Explorer API.
- Optimized agents management.
- Support for agents on computers having administrative shares disabled.
- Alerting options can be customized for each scheduled scan or report.
- Organizational units can now be scanned recursively.
- Importing a scan XML from version 9 to version 2011 does not update the Dashboard and Reports.
- The report PCI DSS Requirement 11.2 is missing the additional information URL.
- Error message on remediation targets in some rare circumstances
- Application auto-uninstall validation process times out.
- Not all patches are downloaded when patch auto-download is enabled.
- The patch management database cannot be updated when the patch auto-download is enabled.
- Database cannot be compacted (MS Access only).
- Database retention policy not working.
- Occasional failures to connect to SQL Server when using Windows Authentication.
- Access Violation when expanding the Users node in the Scan page.
- Operating systems are allowed to be unauthorized in Application Inventory.
- Handle leak in the attendant service.
- Occasional crash while performing UDP port scanning.
- False positives at vulnerability scanning.
- The agent removes itself from the server in some circumstances, requiring product re-install.
- Advanced filters not limited to the current computer state.
- Not all patches are listed in Configuration -> Patch Auto-deployment.
- The Scan Targets Security History section is multiplied in some reports.
- Some unauthorized applications are not listed for auto-uninstall validation.
- Connection to administrative shares is not closed after a scan.
- Agents may fail to deliver the list of General Software due to incorrect handling of locale settings.
- Network discovery on organizational units is not working.
- The service occasionally requires a restart to unlock remediation jobs.
- The remediation warning message is displayed even if the option is disabled.
- Network discovery scans hang occasionally.
- Activity Monitor fails to properly monitor scans occasionally.