This article guides you on how to reboot a machine automatically after deploying a patch.
Must be an administrator.
IMPORTANT: If you are doing remediation to a large number of machines keep in mind that GFI LanGuard can only deploy to a fixed number of computers at the same time. This number is the number of threads you have configured in the Advanced options.
For example, if remediating to 500 machines each with 20 patches, the remediation job could easily take many hours. If it continues the next day, this could result in computers rebooting during the day when users are working. In this case, we recommend you restrict the reboot times from the Advanced options.
- Open the Remediation Center.
- Choose the patches you wish to deploy.
- Click Remediate to open the Deploy Software Updates window.
- On the After Deployment Options section, choose Customize.
- In Reboot/shut down Options check the radio button to Reboot the target computers.
- Set the options of your choice under the Reboot/shut down Schedule.
- Click OK twice.
- If you want this done each time, check the Remember settings box.