The administrator can configure the machines to be rebooted right after deploying a patch.
If you are doing a remediation to a large number of machines keep in mind that GFI LanGuard can only deploy to a fixed number of computers at the same time. This number is the number of threads you have configured in the Advanced options. If you are, for example, remediating to 500 machines each with 20 patches, the remediation job could easily take many hours. If it continues into the next day, this could result in computers rebooting during the day when users are working. In this case we recommend you restrict the reboot times using one of the other options.
To Configure automatic reboot:
- Open the Remediation Center
- Choose the patches you wish to deploy. In the bottom right, click Remediate to open the deploy software updates window.
- Under the After deployment options section, choose customize.
- In reboot / shut down options: check the radio button to Reboot the target computers
- Set the options of your choice under reboot / shut down schedule:
- Click OK twice.
- If you want this done each time, check the Remember settings box in the bottom left.