- Open GFI LanGuard console
- Click the Configuration tab > Database Maintenance Options > Database Backend Settings
- Select the Microsoft SQL Server option. Type the hostname of the Microsoft SQL server that will be hosting the database from the provided list of servers discovered on your network.
- If you are using Microsoft SQL Express the default name would be HostName\SQLEXPRESS
- If your Microsoft SQL server has more than one instance of Microsoft SQL Server running on it you must also use the HostName\InstanceName format.
- Specify the Microsoft SQL Server credentials or select the Windows Authentication option to authenticate to the SQL server using windows account details. Note: When using the Windows Authentication option make sure the GFI LanGuard Attendant service account has been added to SQL Management Studio under Security > Logins and given the 'sysadmin' server role.
- Click OK to finalize your settings
- Click Yes to stop all current scans