AnswerIn order to change the GFI LanGuard database backend open the GFI LanGuard console and navigate to the Configuration tab and click on Database backend settings...
- If Microsoft Access is selected (Note: Microsoft Access is only recommended to be used for evaluations purpose)
- Select Browse..., navigate to the intended Save in: folder, and type the desired filename
- Click Apply and GFI LanGuard will create the Microsoft Access database
- If Microsoft SQL server is selected:
Type the SQL instance name in the Server: field
- The Microsoft SQL instance name can be seen within the Microsoft SQL Management Studio ( usually found near the top with a cylinder and a play icon ) (normally <ServerName>\SQLEXPRESS)
- For Microsoft Non-SQL Express instances, the instance name is typically the name of the machine where Microsoft SQL is installed
Provide credentials of an account that has the sysadmin role set assigned within Microsoft SQL
- If using Windows Authentication make sure the account used for the GFI LanGuard Attendant service has been added to Microsoft SQL Management Studio under Security > Logins and given the "sysadmin" server role.
- Select Apply and GFI LanGuard should create the SQL database
- The Microsoft SQL database name created by GFI LanGuard is static and should not be edited
- If a failure in connecting to the Microsoft SQL instance is presented, ensure connectivity via an ODBC test as suggested in: