GFI LanGuard offers the possibility to increase the number of threads used to scan several computers simultaneously.
- Before adjusting this value, you should keep in mind that for a higher number of computers being scanned at the same time a higher amount of available bandwidth is needed by GFI LanGuard. It is recommended that you increase the threads by 2 or 3 at a time and test before increasing again.
- In larger networks, where a lot of computers need to be scanned, one might encounter similar effects as with slow network connections, hence the same procedures should be followed to optimize the scanning profile and the time at which the scan is performed. Further information on how to do this can be found in: What are the recommendations for performing scans over a slow network connection?
You can adjust the number of threads for each scanning profile by performing the following procedure:
- Open the GFI LanGuard configuration
- Click on the Configuration tab
- Expand Scanning Profiles
- Click on the Edit this profile link for the scanning profile you wish to modify
- Click on the Scanner Options tab
- Under the Network Scanner Options section, you can increase the Scanning threads count. The Default value is 3.