AnswerTo change to a new database:
- Stop the GFI LanGuard Attendant Service
- Close the LanGuard console
- Open the MS SQL Server Management Studio
- From here we have two options: Delete the existing database or detach it and move the MDF/LDF to other folder.
- Once one of the two options is performed, start the GFI LanGuard Attendant Service.
- Open the GFI LanGuard console
- Go to Configuration > Database Maintenance Options > Database backend settings... and try reconnecting to the SQL server. This created a new blank database.
Note: The backend database stores the saved scanned results, as well as the list of computers. The list of computers will repopulate on next scan or when added manually from the Dashboard tab.