When a computer has multiple IP addresses assigned, an Agent scan can return a non-desired secondary IP address to GFI LanGuard.
If the returned IP belongs to a cluster, a load balancing system, a NIC teaming entity, or is part of another VLAN, it might be beneficial to manually specify which IP is being returned by the Agent to the GFI LanGuard server.
This article guides you on how to configure an Agent to return a specific IP address to GFI LanGuard.
GFI LanGuard 2014 or later.
- Connect to the Agent computer.
- Open the Agent installation path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\LanGuard 12 Agent\
C:\Program Files\GFI\LanGuard 12 Agent\
- Create a file with the name:
- Open the file created and type the IP which needs to be listed in the GFI LanGuard console.
- Create the same file in the data path:
- Perform the same steps on each Agent computer with the same problem.