When deploying custom software in GFI LanGuard, it may be necessary to use alternate credentials with deployment. This option could be useful in a scenario where a custom application makes use of a network share.
This article explains how you can use alternate credentials when deploying software in GFI LanGuard.
- In the GFI LanGuard interface, go to Remediate.
- Click on the network and go to Remediation Center to select your patches deployment.
- Click Remediate to open the Deploy Software Updates dialog.
- On the Credentials area, click Customize and specify the alternate credentials for deployment.
This account will be used to log into the target machine, to be able to copy over the necessary files and install the Patch Agent Service.
- To change the account used by the Patch Agent Service:
- On the Deploy Software Updates dialog, click Advanced Options and select Deploy patches under the following administrative account.
- Add a user with administrator privileges.
Make sure this account has the "Logon as a service" right granted on the machine.
NOTE: It is suggested to leave the authentication to use the currently logged on user.