When deploying custom software in GFI LanGuard, it may be necessary to use alternate credentials with deployment. This option could be useful in a scenario where a custom application makes use of a network share.
- In the GFI LanGuard interface, navigate to the Remediate tab
- Left click the network on the left, then under 'Remediation Center' tab on the right, select your patches deployment
- Click Remediate to open Deploy software updates dialog.
- On the Credentials area, click Customize and specify the alternate credentials for deployment. This is the account that will be used to logon to the target machine, copy over the necessary files and install the Patch Agent Service.
- To change the account used by the Patch Agent Service, on the Deploy software updates dialog,
- Click Advanced options link in the bottom left, select the Deploy patches under the following administrative account option and add a user with administrator privileges. Make sure this account has the "Logon as a service" right on the machine.
Note: It is suggested to leave the authentication to use the currently logged on user.