There are several protocol versions used to encrypt packets sent over HTTPS. These includes:
- SSL 2.0
- SSL 3.0
- TLS 1.0
- TLS 1.1
- TLS 1.2
This article explains how you can check if a browser is using an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or TLS (Transport Layer Security) connection.
Use the browser properties to find the type of encryption used:
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select Properties.
- The Connection field shows the type of encryption.
- Click the padlock icon on the left side of the URL in the address bar.
- Go to Connection > More Information > Security.
- Encryption details are shown in the Technical Details area.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select Inspect.
- Select the Security tab.
- Encryption details are shown in the Connection area.