There are several protocol versions used to encrypt packets sent over HTTPS. These include SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
You can use the browser properties to find the type of encryption used:
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select Properties.
- The Connection field shows the type of encryption.
- Click the padlock icon on the left of the URL, in the address bar.
- Go to More Information > Security.
- Encryption details are shown in the Technical Details area.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select Inspect.
- Select the Security tab.
- Encryption details are shown in the Secure Connection area.