This article guides you on how to migrate GFI LanGuard to a new machine and retaining previous configuration settings.
- Export the console settings:
- In the Main Menu choose File > Import and Export Configurations.
- Navigate through the wizard to export all the configuration items to a file.
- Install GFI LanGuard on the new machine.
- In the console of the new installation of GFI LanGuard, import the previously backed up/exported configuration file; see Step 1.a
- Copy the following file from the old installation to the new installation replacing the new installation's file: C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\Languard 12 Agent\crmini.xml
NOTE: This file contains the Installation ID which is referenced in queries of the database backend.
- Connect to the same SQL Server backend. If the SQL database is on the original installation and you want to move it to the new installation, you might need to install MS SQL Server on the new installation and move the existing database to the new server.
NOTE: The SQL backend database contains the majority of the configuration information.
- On the new GFI LanGuard instance, verify Antivirus exclusions.
NOTE: If you intend to use the Repository present on the old GFI LanGuard instance, it may be necessary to copy the Repository directory to the new instance.