One of the primary methods for reducing disk space used by GFI LanGuard is to modify patch auto-download options within the console.
This article provides the steps to configure the patch auto-download options.
- Open the GFI LanGuard interface and navigate to the Configuration tab.
- Select Software Updates then Patch Auto-Download.
- Under Common Tasks, select Edit Patch Auto-Download options.
- Under the General tab, if Enable Patch Auto-Download is checked, change the radio button from All Patches to Only Needed Patches.
- Uncheck Enable Patch Auto-Download and download the patches at the time of manual remediation.
NOTE: Under the Patch Auto-Download options, go to Patch Repository and change the patch repository location, as well as enable the use of WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) files when available.