This article guides you on how to remove unauthorized software in GFI LanGuard.
Setting Applications as Unauthorized Software
- Open the GFI LanGuard console.
- Browse to Configuration > Applications Inventory.
- Select which software to mark as unauthorized.
- Select Click to Configure or hit the Configure button and follow the wizard to mark the software as unauthorized for the specified scan profiles.
- Browse to Configuration > Auto-Uninstall Validation.
- Validate that each application can be automatically uninstalled.
- Configure the auto-remediation settings of your scans; agent-based scheduled scans or console based scheduled scans to Uninstall Unauthorized Applications.
- Run a scan under the profile you selected in step 4.
Removing Applications from Unauthorized List
- Open the Scanning Profiles Editor.
- Go to Network & Software Audit Option > Applications > Unauthorized Applications.
- Select and remove the appropriate applications.
NOTE: This cannot be performed in the Application Inventory page.