This article guides you on how to troubleshoot issues with WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) messages.
NOTE: These tests need to be performed on the GFI Product machine.
- Login to the GFI Product Server using the credentials you are attempting with the check/scan.
- Go to Start > Run and type
- Go to File > Add / Remove Snap-in and click Add.
- Select WMI Control > Add.
- Choose Another Computer and enter the IP Address of the remote server.
- Select Finish and close the Add/Remove Snap-in Dialogue box.
- Expand WMI Control and right-click on the WMI Control Node > Properties.
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- Expand Services and Applications to WMI Control.
- Right-click on WMI Control and choose Properties; this should show the target machine's WMI Properties.
Another method to attempt a connection directly to the SCM (Service Control Manager) of the target machine:
- Type the below command on the GFI Product server:
wmic /node:REMOTEIP /user:Administrator service list brief
- Enter the password.
A list of all the running services on the target with this command.
NOTE: Please ensure that you are logged in as the account being used to conduct the check/scan.
Should the above tests prove unsuccessful, here are some references you may use: