This article does not refer to the latest version of the product.
Please make sure to read through this article in its entirety in order to prepare yourself for the upgrade to GFI LanGuard 2012.
If you want to upgrade to the latest version, please read: https://upgrade.gfi.com/?product=gfi-languard
Note: If you are using a version older than LanGuard 2011, it will be required to first upgrade to GFI LanGuard 2011
Important pre-upgrade considerations:
- Ensure that the server meets the minimum system requirements of GFI LanGuard 2012
|1 to 100 computers||100 to 500 computers||500 to 3000* computers|
|Processor||2 GHz Dual Core||2.8 GHz Dual Core||3 GHz Quad Core|
|Physical Storage||5 GB||10 GB||20 GB|
|Memory||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|Network bandwidth||1544 kbps||1544 kbps||1544 kbps|
- A new license key is needed for GFI LanGuard 2012. A valid software maintenance agreement entitles you to upgrade the GFI LanGuard 2011 license key without further cost. License keys can be managed via the customer area. For more information, please see: Do I need to upgrade my license key when upgrading to a new version?
- When doing an in-place upgrade, importing configuration settings is only supported when moving from GFI LanGuard 2011
- If Agents were used with GFI LanGuard 2011, it's important to note that GFI LanGuard 2012 will also install an Agent. It's advisable to uninstall the Agents via the GFI LanGuard 2011 console once the upgrade is complete
- GFI LanGuard 2012 will install along side of GFI LanGuard 2011 and can function without issue. It is recommended to uninstall GFI LanGuard 2011 once the upgrade process is successful
In-place upgrade procedure:
- Ensure to have a recent backup of the system. GFI LanGuard Backup instructions can be found at here.
- Disable any Anti-virus software completely during the upgrade
- Download the latest installer from: http://www.gfi.com/downloads/mirrors.aspx?pid=lanss
- Run the installer
- The installer will install prerequisites if needed
- Once the installation is complete an Import Wizard will start to allow data\configuration to be imported from GFI LanGuard 2011