Rather than selecting machines one by one, a text file can be selected when scheduling a scan. A custom .txt file can be created by selecting machines in the dashboard and then choosing to custom scan that group of machines.
- From the console, select the Dashboard tab and select machines desired for custom scan target
- Right-click selected machines, select Scan and then select Custom Scan
- Note the name of the .txt file that is showing in the custom scan target dropdown.
- Navigate to location the TXT will be created:
- 64 bit: C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 12\Cache
- 32 bit: C:\Documents and settings\all users\application data\LanGuard 12\Cache
- Once the file is created, select the Configuration tab > Scheduled Scans > New Scheduled Scan
- Select the radio button Scan computers in a text file
- Select the ... button and then select the location of .txt file from above
- Complete the wizard with your desired settings