This article guides you on how to use custom scan targets for scheduled scans in GFI LanGuard.
Rather than selecting machines one by one, a text file can be selected when scheduling a scan. A custom .txt file can be created by selecting machines in the Dashboard and then choosing to Custom Scan that group of machines.
- From the console, click Dashboard and select machines desired for custom scan target.
- Right-click selected machines, select Scan and choose Custom Scan.
- Note the name of the .txt file that is showing in the custom scan target dropdown.
- Navigate to location the TXT will be created:
- 64 bit: C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 12\Cache
- 32 bit: C:\Documents and settings\all users\application data\LanGuard 12\Cache
- Once the file is created, go to Configuration > Scheduled Scans > New Scheduled Scan.
- Select the radio button Scan computers in a text file.
- Select the ... button and choose the location of the .txt file from above.
- Complete the Wizard with your desired settings.