SummaryClick to run updates are different than normal Microsoft updates
|LanGuard not detecting Click-to-Run version of Office for updates.
- Click-to-Run products that you download and install from Microsoft are up-to-date from the start.
- You won’t have to download and apply any updates or service packs immediately after you install the Office product.
- Click-to-Run is an alternative to the traditional Windows Installer-based (MSI) method of installing and updating Office.
- While you are using the product, the rest of the product is being downloaded in the background.
- This streaming capability resembles how you watch videos from the Internet.
- You can start to watch the first part of the video before the whole video downloads to your computer.
Note: In general LanGuard detects missing updates for Microsoft products using information published by Microsoft which we are using as WSUS database (wsusscn2.cab) and updates for Click-to-Run products like Office 365 are not published via WSUS.
For more information on managing Click-to-Run updates with Office 365, please follow the URL below:
- The Click-to-Run Version of Office Pro Plus behaves differently to its MSI based counterpart.
- Tools like Microsoft Update and corresponding MSP files are not involved in software updates.
- Likewise, management tools like Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and products controlling WSUS like System Center Configuration Manager 2012 are not distributing software updates to Click-to-Run software.
- There is no workaround, LanGuard is working as intended.
- LanGuard does not support the Click-To-Run versions of Office Products.