Gaining familiarity with the occurrence and severity of issues and updates for GFI LanGuard's patches and patch management database will help with estimating solution timeframes. Missing patches are one of the top issues solved by updated releases of the patch management database.
This article provides more information on the timeframes observed for the release of new patches and software updates including patches to supported Microsoft Service Packs.
GFI releases a new patch management database depending on the severity:
- Microsoft security missing patches are released on the second Tuesday of each month and published by GFI within a few hours, but never more than 24 hours.
- Microsoft non-security missing patches are released on the fourth Tuesday of each month and published by GFI within 48 hours.
- Non-Microsoft missing patches are published by GFI at an average of twice a week, but for some security patches, GFI implements them within 24 hours of release.
For a full list of managed applications and updates, please see the following:
- GFI LanGuard Supported Microsoft Patches and Microsoft Service Packs
- Which security applications are supported by GFI LanGuard?
- What 3rd party applications are supported by GFI LanGuard?
- Which OVAL and CVE definitions are supported by GFI LanGuard?