Versions / Builds Affected
How to Identify
Client is getting a lot of events similar to these one:
Failed to delete scanned file D:\WebMonitor\Proc\0000021323.wmdownload: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\WebMonitor\Proc\0000021323.wmdownload' because it is being used by another process.
That is a normal warning:
The proc file is used to download temporarily the files while been download for the scanning (Policies and anti-virus checks), then GFI WebMonitor have a job that tries to delete the files, and will not be able to do so, for the file that currently been scanned.
Workaround / Fix Details
If the client wants to stop this events from showing up, he can do the following:
1. Stop the GFi Services
2. Browse to the main directory of WebMonitor
3. Make a backup of webmon.winservice.exe.config
4. Open the file with notepad and find the following:
5. Replace initializeData="Error" instead of "Warning"
6. Save the file and restart the services.
Required ActionsAttach the article to the case