This article addresses an issue where Firefox frequently asks for authentication when navigating to certain websites.
GFI WebMonitor build 20141121 or later.
This issue is caused by a Firefox bug not currently fixed. Firefox does not support proxy authentication properly when WebSockets are used. This bug if further discussed in Websockets Causing Repeated Auth Prompts?
There are certain sites that may be blocked because GFI WebMonitor fails to authenticate through proxy. In this case, you can exclude those sites from authentication on the GFI Webmonitor 2015 Configuration Console:
- Navigate to the \GFI\WebMonitor\Data directory.
- Open the proxyconfig.xml file using Notepad.
- Locate the
- Replace that line with the block in the example below:
- Inside the 'string' tags, enter the domains that should not authenticate with the proxy.
- Save the content of the XML file and restart the GFI WebMonitor services.
Note: For more information, refer to Mozilla Firefox Keeps Asking for Credentials Repeatedly.