This article resolves an issue where GFI WebMonitor is counting users instead of computers' IPs, placing the license count over the limit.
This article applies for the following products/firmware versions:
- GFI WebMonitor 2013
- GFI WEbMonitor 2015 and later
Proxy Authentication is enabled, which forces User Authentication, and users are being counted as a result.
To resolve this issue, disable Proxy Authentication as shown below, based on the GFI WebMonitor version you are running:
GFI WebMonitor 2013
- Navigate to Settings > Proxy Settings > General.
- Locate the Proxy Authentication's ON / OFF switch and set it to OFF.
GFI WebMonitor 2015 and later
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Management Console.
- Go to the Settings at the top right corner.
- Under the Core Settings, select Connection Settings.
- Locate the Proxy Authentication and set it to OFF.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- The user count will not be corrected until midnight when WebMonitor clears its daily license count.
- With Proxy Authentication disabled, the WebMonitor reports will show IP addresses and not usernames.