This article provides the steps to whitelist specific websites for specific users in both GFI WebMonitor 2013 and GFI WebMonitor 2015 or later.
To whitelists websites for a particular user in GFI WebMonitor, follow the below instructions based on the current version you are running:
GFI WebMonitor 2013
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Configuration.
- Expand the WebFilter Edition node, and then click on Web Filtering Policies node.
- Click the Add Policy button to create a new Web Filtering Policy for the particular users.
- Click the General tab and define the name of the new policy.
- From the Web Filtering tab, configure the appropriate categories for the specific Users/Group/IP.
- Click the Exceptions tab and add any sites you wish to whitelist under the Excluded Sites section.
- Click the Applies To tab and add the Users/Groups/IP you want to be affected by this policy.
- Click the Save Settings button to save the new Web Filtering Policy.
GFI WebMonitor 2015 or later
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Management Console.
- Expand the Manage tab and select Policies.
- Click the Add Policy button.
- Add a name for the policy under the Add Policy Name.
- Add the Applies to "Users, Groups, IPs" to the policy, and add the users you would like to whitelist sites for.
- Click on the Exceptions tab and add any sites you wish to whitelist under the Excluded Sites section.
- In the Allow, Block, Warn, Monitor, set the value to Allow.
- Click Save to save and apply the policy.
- If the specific User/Group/IP is already configured in another Web Filtering rule, the below warning will be received. In this case, whitelist the website in the rule that is already configured for that specific user.
<User/Group/IP> already exists in another rule.
- The procedures above apply to the GFI WebMonitor WebFilter Edition and the GFI WebMonitor UnifiedProtection Edition.