How to temporarily disable GFI Webmonitor
There may be times when it is best to disable GFI WebMonitor to determine whether the issue is related to the web filter or a network/internet provider issue.
How to disable in Standalone Proxy
GFI WebMonitor 2013
- Configuration > Settings > Proxy Settings > General > switch Listen on All to Off
- Next on the client machine, disable the proxy in the internet connection settings
- This will allow the connection to pass through as normal
GFI WebMonitor 2015 and later
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Management Console
- Locate the Gear Icon in the top right and select "Settings"
- Under the Core Settings > Connection Settings drop down
- Navigate to the "External Network Card" and turn the Listen on all to Off
- Select "Save" to complete the process
How to disable in ISA\TMG
- Launch the ISA Management console under Configuration > Add-Ins > Web Filters tab.
- Right-click the GFI Webmonitor Webfilter and choose disable
- Click the Apply button
- This will not cause a disruption of the current connections