It is possible to use GFI Webmonitor Standalone Proxy version as a separate server in the same environment with Microsoft TMG server. Follow these steps:
- Install the GFI Webmonitor Standalone version on a separate server.
- Configure the GFI Webmonitor to use the TMG server as its default gateway.
- Configure the proxy settings of the clients to point to the WebMonitor server's proxy port.
Set the Proxy Chaining in the GFI Webmonitor configuration:
- Browse to Settings.
- Select Proxy Settings.
- Enable Chained Proxy.
- Enter the IP of the Microsoft TMG Server and the Proxy Port.
- Add credentials if the Microsoft TMG Proxy requires authentication.
- Click Test to ensure the Proxy Chaining is functioning as expected.
Note that in such deployment GFI WebMonitor cannot pass the user authentication details and all connections to the Microsoft TMG Server are registered as generated by the GFI WebMonitor server.