In the 'Windows Task Manager' -> 'Processes tab' there are kavss.exe processes running, even though GFI WebMonitor is not licensed for the Kaspersky virus engine.
- GFI WebMonitor 2013
GFI WebMonitor can be disabled from loading the Kaspersky processes (kavss.exe). This can be done as follows:
- Stop the GFI WebMonitor service from the services panel
- Browse to the GFI WebMonitor folder ( \GFI\WebMonitor)
- Locate the folders 'AvK1 and AvK2 found in the GFI WebMonitor installation directory
- Rename the folders AvK1 and AvK2 to AvK1.rem and AvK2.rem
- Re-start the GFI WebMonitor service
If you license GFI WebMonitor to use the Kaspersky anti-virus engine, you will need to rename the AvK1 and AvK2 folders to their original names by following the procedure above.
When GFI WebMonitor is not licensed for Kaspersky antivirus engine, GFI WebMonitor will still launch multiple instances of the Kaspersky antivirus engine. In such cases, downloaded files will not be scanned by the Kaspersky antivirus engine and updates for the Kaspersky anti-virus engine will not be downloaded.