Internet is not working when using GFI WebMonitor as proxy. The following error displays in the Windows event logs:
Error while opening filter communication channel: Pipe is broken.: at WebMon.ThriftHelper.ThriftCommunication`1.HandleCommunicationExceptions(Exception ex) at WebMon.ThriftHelper. And filter communication channel is disconnected: Error while opening filter communication channel: Pipe is broken.
GFI WebMonitor 10.1
- Stop the GFI WebMonitor Services.
- Navigate to ..\GFI\WebMonitor\Updates.
- Create a new subfolder (e.g. foldername: kaspersky.old) and move all the existing files from the Kaspersky folder to kaspersky.old.
- Start the GFI WebMonitor Services.
- Re-download the Kaspersky Antivirus engine updates.
As soon as the services are started and the new download for the engine is finished, the client machines are able to access the internet content via web browser.
Note: The engine cannot be updated through the GFI WebMonitor console. The only way to force a manual update is to replace the files per the steps above.
The Kaspersky update folder has corrupt files and blocks the Internet connection.