When traffic is configured to pass through the GFI WebMonitor proxy, the following issues are encountered in Skype:
- Skype cannot make or answer calls. (although messaging works fine)
- Skype cannot authenticate the users.
Adding a domain whitelist rule does not solve these issues.
Bypass proxy authentication for the sites used by Skype. To bypass the proxy authentication for Skype sites:
- Go to <WebMonitor installation folder>\Data\
- Open ProxyConfig.xml with a text editor.
- Locate the line <HostsThatWillNotBeAuthenticated />
- Replace it with the following:
- Restart the GFI Webmonitor Proxy service.
Note that if there are some domains added to the list already, just add the three new strings:
Versions / Builds Affected: All versions