This article does not refer to the latest version of the product.
If you want to upgrade to the latest version, go to: https://upgrade.gfi.com/?product=gfi-webmonitor
Upgrade to GFI WebMonitor 2015 SR3 - Standalone Proxy version:
Important:After you download the installer, right click on the installer > Properties > Unblock and apply before running the installation.
- Verify on which version / build you are currently on. This is important if you want to transfer your user browsing history to the new database.
- Backup your configuration as per the following article: http://www.gfi.com/support/products/How-to-back-up-GFI-WebMonitor
- Download the latest available product version from the website:
- Proxy version - x86: http://cdndl.gfi.com/gfiwebmonitor2015_net.exe
- Proxy Version - x64: http://cdndl.gfi.com/gfiwebmonitor2015_net_x64.exe
- Important: Please make sure that you download the correct version / bitness of GFI WebMonitor installer file which is applicable for your operating system.
- Disable your Antivirus software before running the installation of GFI WebMonitor
- Right click on the installer > Properties > Unblock (if applicable)
- Run the installer. The following actions will be performed:
- Install the below pre-requisites (some of those pre-requisites may require a server reboot). If a server reboot is required, you will have the option to reboot at a later time and continue with the installation by re-running the installer.
- Uninstall the current program version and retaining the configuration files, quarantine, webgrade database, etc.
- Install the new build of GFI WebMonitor in the same installation directory
- The database schema will be upgraded in the background. (It may cause delays on the displaying items in the dashboard).
NOTE: For the clients are making the upgrade from the GFI WebMonitor 2013 for TMG to the GFI WebMonitor Proxy Standalone you need to check this points:
- Contact GFI Sales or your reseller to have your license changed from the ISA version to the standalone version
- For more information about the transition to GFI WebMonitor Proxy, check here
The installer will first check for and install the following prerequisites. If these are missing, they will be automatically downloaded and installed when you select OK.
- Microsoft .Net framework 4.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework Hotfix KB-2183292
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- Microsoft IIS Express
- Microsoft Report Viewer