PROBLEMWhen accessing a website for the first time, the user is blocked by WebMonitor. Once the page is refreshed, it then loads successfully.
Similarly, the main URL accessed might load however parts of the website like images and scripts do not load.
When accessing an HTTPs website, the user receives a 'Page cannot be displayed' browser error.
- GFI WebMonitor
- All Supported Environments
- Open the Registry Editor (Start > Run > type regedit.exe and press Enter)
Navigate to the following key:
- x86: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI\WebMonitor
- x64: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI\WebMonitor
- Create a new DWORD value called OnlineLookupTimeout
- Specify a timeout in seconds how long WebMonitor should wait for a website to be categorized, e.g. 5
- Restart the GFI Proxy service (Standalone version) or the Microsoft Firewall service (ISA/TMG plugin)