AnswerWhat are the requirements to have transparent proxy feature enabled?
- GFI WebMonitor 10 or later is required and must be installed in a 64-bit machine.
- GFI WebMonitor proxy needs to be in gateway mode. A Server needs to have 2 NIC cards to have the gateway mode option available.
- The gateway machine should be placed between the internal network and the Internet
- Each client machine must be configured to use the internal NIC of the GFI WebMonitor server as it’s default gateway
- The default gateway for the GFI WebMonitor Server’s internal NIC should be the IP of the external NIC on the machine.
- The GFI WebMonitor Server’s external NIC should have the default gateway of the next hop, such as the firewall, router, or SIP address.
- RRAS role must be configure on the GFI WebMonitor server.
Once those settings are in place, you should test that the client machine are getting Internet access just fine. Then, go to the configuration of GFI WebMonitor and under the settings select the transparent proxy tab and configure it accordingly.