- In the event you need to remove computers from GFI EndPointSecurity manually, you can do the following steps.
- It is imperative that you backup the toolcfg_computers.xml file that will be modified prior to making these changes.
- Stop all GFI EndPointSecurity services
- Find the toolcfg_computer.xml file in the ...\Program Files (x86)\GFI\EndPointSecurity 6\Data folder and open it in notepad
- Search (Ctrl-F) for the hostname
- Delete the section for that computer that Starts with <Computer> and ends with </Computer>
- Save the file. Restart the services stopped in step 1.
: In case you run into permission errors, copy the toolcfg_computer.xml out of the above directory before making changes then replace the existing one.