The article lists the improvements and resolutions in GFI EndPointSecurity 4.3 Service Release 2 (Build 20110112).
GFI EndPointSecurity 4.3
GFI EndPointSecurity 4.3 Service Release 2 (Build 20110112) offers the following Improvements:
- Created a tool for OEM integration that would allow remote post-install configuration of specific application parameters, available for OEM partners
- Added functionality to the installation of the main application, so it supports configuring licensing and other settings on silent install through the use of the OEM integration tool
- Added the possibility to scan computers from different domains in the Device Scan tool
GFI EndPointSecurity 4.3 Service Release 2 (Build 20110112) resolves the following known issues:
- Under certain circumstances, the application's console crashes on agent deployment
- Printers on parallel port were not detected correctly.
- Sony DSC cameras were not detected and controlled with accuracy.
- On pre-Windows 2000 domains, auto-discovery fails when the name of the domain contains a dot character.
- Conflict when adding device access events to the database with a similar device class name.
- The file-type filtering on BitLocker to Go-encrypted devices was not working as expected.
- The file-type screening was not making correct associations for all the different types of a known file type.
- The login credentials dialog did not allow administrators to add credentials from other domains.
- Machines are counted towards the licensing even if they don't have a policy assigned.
- Not able to control the printers using, DOT4 device stack.
- Deployment could fail on Windows XP machines on importing computers from text files, and the IP addresses contained tailing empty spaces.
- Autodiscovery process runs twice at first install.
- The name of the Temporary Access tool is cut off in the control panel when installing in German.
Visit the download page to download the latest version of GFI EndPointSecurity + ReportPack.