The backend database is much bigger than it should be and is taking up a lot of space on the hard drive.
- GFI EndPointSecurity
- All Supported Environments
By default, EndPointSecurity sets the Recovery Settings for the database to Full. This causes the transaction log to grow very large.
If you look at the size of the database, you will see that the size of the transaction log will be very large. Once you set it to Simple Recovery Mode transactions can be overwritten as soon as they are written to the database.
- Set the Recovery Model for the database(s) to Simple in SQL Management Studio.
- Perform a Shrink of the database. This will reduce the size of the transaction log to a couple of MB.
If the database itself is too large:
- Restrict the events they are collecting by adjusting the Filter in the Logging and Alerting Settings for each policy.
- Configure Database Maintenance to move/delete data.