- From the GFI EndPointSecurity Console, select Configuration > Options
- Select Database Backend
- Select Change database backend
- Select the SQL server from the list or enter it manually (if there are multiple instances of SQL Server on your target server, add the name as 'ServerName\InstanceName')
- Type in a name for the database (it must not be an existing database name on that server).
- The account(s) used must be given privileges in SQL Management Studio (under Security > Logins)
- In order to create the database the account used has to be able to add stored procedures, create and modify the database (sysadmin server role)
When using Windows authentication:
- When creating the database, the logged in user needs the above credentials
- The account used for the EndPointSecurity Service must have the dbo (database owner) privileges assigned in order to perform all it's activities
- A user opening the console only to view events needs read privileges assigned to the database (but will not be able to create a new database)
- Click OK or Apply. GFI EndPointSecurity will create the database for you.
NOTE: Do not create a blank database in SQL first and then try to use that database name in the console.