The GFI EndPointSecurity service does not start and returns one of the following timeout errors.
A timeout was reached (60000 milliseconds) while waiting for the GFI EndPointSecurity service to connect.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
If this error is encountered during the installation of GFI EndPointSecurity, the service does not start and the installation is rolled back.
- GFI EndPointSecurity
- All Supported Platforms
- Allow the GFI EndPointSecurity machine / user to access the Internet
Disable CRL checking for the GFI EndPointSecurity service user:
- Download the following tool: http://ftp.gfisoftware.com/support/ESEC/Tools/setreg.zip
- Login to the GFI EndPointSecurity Server using the GFI EndPointSecurity service user
- Open command prompt
- Change the directory to the directory storing setreg.exe
Run the following command:
- setreg.exe 3 FALSE
- Note: The setting above can be reverted by running the following command: setreg.exe 3 TRUE
This issue may occur when the machine which EndPointSecurity is installed on does not have Internet access. When the service is started, the digital signature of esecservice.exe needs to be checked, and if this is not found in the CRL, a connection is made to Verisign.