GFI EventsManager cannot install the latest updates via AutoUpdate because the system is not able to update the database server.
The following error is displayed:
Cannot install update XXXXXXXX because the database server is missing the following update...
This article provides a step-by-step process to resolve the issue described above.
- GFI EventsManager 2013 SR1 (build: 20130606)
- All Supported Environments
The issue appears on environments on which the DLib server is not updated with the latest patches.
- Browse the path where the database server is installed. By default, the database server is installed in this location:
..\Program Files (x86)\GFI\Database Server 2.1\Data\AutoUpdate.
- Open the file Config.xml.
- Locate the line
<UseProxy>false</UseProxy>and change the value to
- Save the changes on the file.
- Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator) and navigate to the folder:
..\Program Files (x86)\GFI\Database Server 2.1\.
- Run the command:
updater.exe /InstallNow /IgnoreRunningProcesses.
- Restart the GFI EventsManager services.
- Open EventsManager Console. Go to Configuration tab > Options.
- On the left pane, click AutoUpdate Options > Edit updater options.
- Click the Update Now button.