Versions / Builds AffectedEventsManager 2012 SR1 (20120214)
Problem SummaryEventsManager cannot collect Hardware Events.
TT / JIRAIDTT45
How to IdentifyWhen trying to collect Hardware Events on Windows 2008 machines, under the Operational History you get the following warning message: 'Error opening event log on machine HOSTNAME, log Hardware Events'.
Workaround / Fix Details1. Close the EventsManager console
2. Stop both GFI EventsManager services
3. Browse to ...\Program Files\GFI\EventsManager2012\Data\Settings\ESM Settings\
4. Rename the file 'Event Logs.xml.gz' to 'Event Logs_OLD.xml.gz'
5. Download a blank file from the following link: http://ctp.gfi.com/ESM/path%20for%20ESM%2045/Event%20Logs.xml.gz
6. Replace the new file into the path indicated on step 3.
7. Start both GFI EventsManager services
NOTE: If the customer has custom logs, they will be lost when you replace the new 'Event Logs.xml.gz' file.
Required ActionsFollow the workaround.