This article provides information on the improvements, fixes, and system requirements that came with the GFI EventsManager 2012 Service Release 1 (Build 20120214) release.
GFI EventsManager 2012
- Database rotation
- Reports cover page
- Logical deletion of records
- Switch databases for reporting
- CPU usage limits
- Sometimes reports may disappear.
- Scheduled reports did not work in some cases.
- Fixed memory leak when collecting Syslog messages.
- Some queries were not working properly.
- Various internationalization issues
- Various spelling/cosmetic/help issues
- Processor: 2.5GHz dual-core processor or higher
- RAM: 3GB
- Hard Disk: Minimum of 10GB of available space (100GB recommended)
- Others: Keyboard and mouse or compatible pointing device
Software requirements - Installation machine(s):
- .NET Framework 4.0
- To properly scan Windows Vista or newer machines, GFI EventsManager must be installed on a Windows Vista or newer machine.
Software requirements - Scanned machine(s):
- Windows event log scanning:
- For Vista and newer machines, remote event log management must be enabled.
- For Vista and newer machines, UAC (User Account Control) must be disabled and the machines must be within the same domain.
- For pre-Vista machines, the remote registry must be enabled.
- Windows audit service must be enabled.
- W3C log scanning:
- The source folders must be accessible via Windows shares.
- Syslog and SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) Traps:
- Sources/senders must be configured to send messages to the computer/IP address where GFI Events Manager is installed.
The latest version of GFI EventsManager can be downloaded by visiting the download site.