GFI EventsManager database (DB) operations job has been running for hours and never finishes.
This article provides the steps on how to resolve this issue when a DB operations job hangs and never completes.
- GFI EventsManager
- All Supported Environments
The application will hang when it tries to perform a Database Operation on logs that do not exist or are empty.
Edit the current DB operations job and uncheck maintenance of logs that are not in use. Follow the steps below:
- Open the GFI EventsManager console.
- Go to Configuration > Options > Database Operations.
- Right-click on the first Database Operations Job and go to Properties.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Uncheck all of the logs that you are not using (W3C, Syslog, SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), SQL, Oracle, etc.). If you are only collecting Windows events, only Windows events should be checked.
- Click Apply and OK.