GFI EventsManager 8 is designed to support silent and full user interface installations. While a full user interface installation is easily started by simply running the provided eventsmanager.exe executable, the silent installation requires several steps to be performed. For a silent installation the user is required to record settings by performing a full User Interface installation and then the resulting recording file can be used for future silent installations.
For a silent installation the below steps are required to be performed in the listed order:
- Recording settings by performing a full User Interface installation
- Perform the silent install using the recorded settings
Recording settings by performing a full User Interface installation
This step is required to record the settings specified during a user interface installation. Each user intervention on the GFI EventsManager installation kit user interface will be recorded into a specified file.
The command to be used to perform a recorded installation is as follows:
EventsManager8.exe /r /f1C:\silent\setup.iss
- /r : Parameter used for recording the settings into an .iss file (required)
- /f1 : Parameter used to specify the path where the .iss file should be created (required)
Note: No spaces between /f1 parameter and the path where the .iss file should be entered
Perform the silent install using the recorded settings
Once the .iss file is created, you can perform a silent installation using the recorded settings. This can be done by using the following command:
EventsManager8.exe /s /f1C:\silent\setup.iss
- /s :- Indicates a silent install is required (required)
- /f1 :- The location of the .iss file created in the first step (required)
Note: The .iss file and EventsManager8.exe must be in the same folder. Also only one .iss file Is allowed in the same folder.
- /c :- Parameter used for specifying a backup configuration file which was exported within GFI EventsManager or the GFI EventsManager data folder (optional)
Example: EventsManager8.exe /s /f1C:\silent\setup.iss /c C:\silent\configuration.esmbkp
- /id :- This parameter will change the default ID for the instance of GFI EventsManager 8 (optional)
Example: EventsManager8.exe /s /f1C:\silent\setup.iss /c C:\silent\configuration.esmbkp /id:7854
- If you want to perform a silent installation of GFI EventsManager 8 on multiple computers using the same .iss file, it is required that the credentials used for service installation, when you first created your .iss file, match the ones on the target machine. This information can be manually changed by editing the .iss file.