The following procedure explains how to move your GFI EventsManager database from one server to another. If you running an older version of EventsManager, please refer to the procedure described in Moving a GFI EventsManager Database Between Microsoft SQL Servers.
This information applies to:
- GFI EventsManager 2013
- GFI EventsManager 2012
Backing up the GFI EventsManager Database
Note: If using backup software to back up this folder, it is required to stop all GFI EventsManager services before the backup starts and starting the service again once the backup is complete. Not stopping the services during a backup may cause GFI EventsManager to malfunction.
- Stop all GFI EventsManager services.
- Back up the folder specified in the EventsManager file storage settings.
- To find out the location of the folder, open the EventsManager console and go to Configuration > Options > File Storage, and click Configure file storage…
- Start all GFI EventsManager services.
Creating and Transferring the New Database
- Copy the folder backed up in the previous step to the new server.
Configuring GFI EventsManager with the New Database
- Open the GFI EventsManager Management Console.
- Click on the Configuration tab and select Options.
- Click on the File Storage node in the left pane and select Configure file storage...
- Under the General tab, select the path and name of the previous database.
NOTE: On EventsManager 2013 you can also specify the remote Database Server where the files are being stored
- Click on the OK button to save changes.