This article provides a step-by-step process to restore a backup of the FileStorage and reviewing the old events in GFI EventsManager.
- GFI EventsManager 2013
- GFI EventsManager 2012
You can restore the FileStorage back into EventsManager and review the old events as long as EventsManager has access to the backup location.
- Open GFI EventsManager.
- Go to Event Browser > Switch Database.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse and select the backup location.
- Select the name of the database from the dropdown.
- Click OK to include the new FileStorage for database switching.
- Choose the new FileStorage to view the events.
- Click OK to save your option.
Note: New events collected will be still stored in the active FileStorage database and not in the restored FileStorage.