The grace period was enabled and the license type is showing as Suspect, although a valid license key has been entered.
- GFI EventsManager 2012
- GFI EventsManager 2011 SR2
- All supported environments
The license key is being validated against GFI EventsManager servers. If this traffic is being blocked or manipulated, the validation can fail.
Please ensure that:
- GFI EventsManager can access GFI Upgrade Center without the traffic being filtered in any way (e.g. by a Firewall or any other type of content filtering system).
- The account used by GFI EventsManager service has at least local admin privileges that are needed to authenticate with the server.
For installing GFI EventsManager in a secure environment without the Internet, the following steps must be implemented:
- Navigate to Root Drive\System32\drivers\etc\.
- Open the host file with Notepad.
- Add the entry
- Save the file.