The grace period was enabled and the license type is showing as 'Suspect', although a valid license key has been entered.
- GFI EventsManager 2012
- GFI EventsManager 2011 SR2
- All supported environment
Please ensure that
- GFI EventsManager can access http://update.gfi.com without the traffic being filtered in any way (e.g. by a Firewall or any other type of content filtering system).
- the account used by GFI EventsManager service has at least local admin privileges that are needed to authenticate with the server.
In case of GFI EventsManager to be installed in a secure environment, without Internet, the following steps must be implemented:
- Navigate to Root Drive\System32\drivers\etc\
- Open the hosts file with notepad
- Add the entry 127.0.0.1 http://update.gfi.com
- Save the file
The license key is being validated against GFI EventsManager servers. If this traffic is being blocked or manipulated validation can fail.