PROBLEMYou try to add an entry under Configuration > Access Control, but the drop downlist does not populate with the user account you are looking for. The user you are trying to add does exist in Active Directory.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
SOLUTIONCheck the user object in the Active Directory domain and ensure that:
- It is not disabled
- It is mail-enabled (see the email field within Active Directory Users and Computers)
- The Display Name is not blank
- You must type in at least 1 character into the field under Configuration > Access Control because GFI Archiver will not start searching as long as the field is blank
- Please also read the following page, especially if running a non-Microsoft Exchange environment including Microsoft Office 365: http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=mar_directoryservicesettings
CAUSEIn order to populate the drop down lists under Configuration > Access Control GFI Archiver queries Active Directory using an LDAP filter. For example, the following query is used, when "Admin" is typed into the drop down list:
The objects in Active Directory do not have attributes set which are required by GFI Archiver.