A Retention Policy which uses the body criteria catches Calendar items which can have unintended effects:
- Calendar items appear in MARC, or they appear and get unintentionally deleted after a certain period of time.
- When following the processing of a calendar item through debugging, you find that they are unintentionally associated with a Retention Policy.
- Check if the Retention Policy which got assigned uses body criteria (e.g., by evaluating the Retention Policy rules definition in MarcSettings.xml).
- You create a Retention Policy to delete emails immediately and use the Criteria [Body contains "SomeRandomText"]
- Any calendar items which is being processed will be evaluated against the chain of existing Retention Policies.
- The rule from step 1 would catch any calendar items (even if its body does NOT contain "SomeRandomText" and Calendar items will not get archived (unless a rule with a higher priority would apply)).
Apply this patch or upgrade to MARC2014 build 20140616 or newer.